Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I've got to stop reading Runners World

I had already burned out on reading about training plans and what brand of electrolyte tablet is tastiest (I think the consensus was Succeed), but now I'll have to pass on "Ask the Sports Doc", too. If you thought the specter of bloody nipples was bad, then you won't really want to read all about toenails. Black ones, red ones, falling-off ones and the fun treatments like sticking needles under your toenails, drilling holes in them, or burning holes in them.
Wow. So much to look forward to after my long runs.
On a positive note, got in a 3.5 mile run early this morning before the rain came. "But wait", I protest, "I was only supposed to run 3 miles today since I'm still a bit sore from all the concrete running I did on Saturday." Yes, but when you plan your run at 6 am after getting maybe 6 hours of sleep you tend to make mistakes like taking shortcuts that don't exist. Fear not, I have now mapped an actual 3 mile route in the neighborhood to use next week. I even mapped a 5 mile run for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment